Last updated: July 18th, 2019
- Please note that this Policy does not apply to information collected through third-party websites or services that you may access through the Services or that you submit to us through email, text message or other electronic message or offline.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information we collect from you
- Information we collect from you may include:
- Network information regarding transactions;
- Contact information, such as your email address;
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide in your responses to surveys when you participate in market research activities, report a problem with Service, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us;
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the site or the Service and interact with us; and
- Marketing information, such your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with them.
Information we get from others
- We may get information about you from other third party sources and we may add this to information we get from your use of the Services. Such information may include:
Information automatically collected
- We may automatically record certain information about how you use our Site (we refer to this information as “Log Data“). Log Data may include information such as a user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, device and browser type, operating system, the pages or features of our Site to which a user browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, the frequency with which the Site is used by a user, search terms, the links on our Site that a user clicked on or used, and other statistics. We use this information to administer the Service and we analyse (and may engage third parties to analyse) this information to improve and enhance the Service by expanding its features and functionality and tailoring it to our users’ needs and preferences.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us offer you optimized user experience. You can find more information about Google Analytics’ use of your personal data here at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Information we will never collect
- We will never ask you to share your private keys or wallet seed. Never trust anyone or any site that asks you to enter your private keys or wallet seed.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To provide our service
- We will use your personal information in the following ways:
- To enable you to access and use the Services;
- To provide and deliver products and services that you may request; and
- To send information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
To comply with law
- We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
To communicate with you
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
To optimize our platform
- In order to optimize your user experience, we may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our Services. We may also use your information to respond to your comments and questions regarding the Services and to provide you and other users with general customer service.
With your consent
- We may use or share your personal information with your consent, such as when you instruct us to take a specific action with respect to your personal information, or you opt into any third party marketing communications.
- For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety
- We may use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We disclose personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing or acquisition.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us. These recipients may include third party companies and individuals to administer and provide the Service on our behalf (such as customer support, hosting, email delivery and database management services), as well as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers.
- Other. You may permit us to share your personal information with other companies or entities of your choosing. Those uses will be subject to the privacy policies of the recipient entity or entities.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
4. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
- The Company has offices outside of the EU and has affiliates and service providers in the United States and in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to or from the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
- EU users should read the important information provided below about transfer of personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
5. HOW INFORMATION IS SECURED
- We retain information we collect:
- To comply with applicable law where required;
- Prevent fraud;
- Resolve disputes;
- Troubleshoot problems;
- Assist with any investigation;
- Other actions permitted by law.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- We employ industry standard security measures designed to protect the security of all information submitted through the Services. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data. Users of the Services are responsible for maintaining the security of any:
- User ID; or
- Other forms of authentication involved in obtaining access to secure areas of any of our digital services.
- To protect you and your data, we may suspend your use of any of the Services, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
6. SOAR’S USE OF THE BLOCKCHAIN
- Transactions undertaken through Soar are recorded on the Ethereum (ETH) blockchain. The blockchain is an immutable record of transactions that occur on Soar and may not be modified by Soar in any manner.
- Information recorded on the blockchain by Soar relates to your uploading or downloading of any files or content from the site and includes:
- The files hash;
- Location, date, type of platform used to collect the content and other image data;
- Title, description, keywords and other information associated with the content;
- Content storage address;
- Wallet addresses; and
- Sales transactions.
- The wallet address is effectively pseudonymous within the Soar ecosystem. However, it may be possible that the wallet owner may be identified by content or username details on Soar when combined with blockchain information.
- Removal of personal data from Soar will not remove the transaction from the blockchain but potentially will remove the ability to relate a wallet address with the owner’s online identity on Soar. Removal of personal information from Soar will include removal of any content previously submitted to the Soar platform.
- Soar does not store any potentially personally identifiable data other than the wallet address on the blockchain.
7. INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
- Accessing, updating, correcting, and deleting your information
- You may access information that you have voluntarily provided through your account on the Service, and to review, correct, or delete it by sending a request to [email protected] and specifying what you require in the body of the email.
- You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information and preferences.
Tracking technologies generally
- Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. For more information, please see the section entitled “Cookies Policy” below.
8. CONTACT INFORMATION
- We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy, and you may contact us at [email protected]
- If you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, you may use the Services only with the consent of or under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. Consistent with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), if we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without first receiving his or her parent's verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Site and subsequently we will delete that information.
11. NOTICE TO EU DATA SUBJECTS
- Some of the information you provide us may constitute sensitive data as defined in the GDPR (also referred to as special categories of personal data), including identification of your race or ethnicity on government-issued identification documents.
Legal bases for processing
- We only use your personal information as permitted by law.
- We are required to inform you of the legal bases of our processing of your personal information, which are described in the table below. If you have questions about the legal basis under which we process your personal information, contact us at [email protected]
Use for new purposes
- If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the applicable legal basis for that use.
- If we have relied upon your consent for a particular use of your personal information, we will seek your consent for any unrelated purpose.
- Under the GDPR, you have certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold to:
- Opt-out of direct marketing communications which you have previously consented to receive. We may continue to send you Service-related and other non-marketing communications;
- To provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information;
- Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information;
- Delete your personal information;
- Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice;
- Restrict the processing of your personal information;
- Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
- You can submit these requests by email to [email protected] and describe your requirements in the body of the text.
- We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why subject to legal restrictions.
- If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us at [email protected] or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
Cross-border data transfer
12. COOKIES POLICY
- Yes, native and third-party cookies may be present on our site from services that are used by Soar.
What is a cookie?
- A cookie (“Cookie”) is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Some of the cookies will only be used if you use certain features or select certain preferences, and some cookies will always be used. You can find out more about each cookie by viewing our current cookie list below. We update this list periodically, so there may be additional cookies that are not yet listed. Web beacons, tags and scripts may be used in the Site or in emails to help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our service/analytics providers on an individual and aggregated basis.
How to disable cookies
- If you want to learn more about cookies, or how to control, disable or delete them, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance. In addition, certain third-party advertising networks, including Google, permit users to opt out of or customize preferences associated with your internet browsing. To learn more about this feature from Google, click here.
- Please note that disabling cookies may impact the performance of the site.